Dig into this hearty healthy bowl of goodness and we promise you that this will definitely become one of your go-to dinner meals too.
A delightful soup that will certainly bowl you over!
- 2 tbsp Salted Butter
- 2 units of peeled and chopped Onions
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 6 cups of Veg Broth
- 2 pounds of peeled and sliced carrot
- 2 tbsp Grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup of Fresh cream
- Pinch of Black pepper & salt (as per taste)
- Parsley sprigs for garnishing
- Dash of Oregano
- In a 6-quart pan, over medium-high heat, add butter and onions and cook, stirring often, until onions are limp.
- Add broth, carrots, garlic and ginger.
- Cover it and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender when pierced.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a blender. Don’t fill the blender more than halfway, do it in batches if you have to.
- Cover the blender and then hold a kitchen towel over the top of the blender. Be careful when blending hot liquids as the mixture can spurt out of the blender.
- Pulse the blender to start it and then puree until smooth.
- Return to the pan and add fresh cream, stir over high heat until hot. For a smoother flavour, bring soup to a boil, add salt, oregano and pepper, to taste.
- Ladle into one half of the bowl and garnish with parsley sprigs.
- In the other half, arrange the brown rice tossed with veggies.