How morning walk can change your life.
Each one of us has the power to channel our energies in choosing to start our day on a healthy note. When we wake up each day, we get to decide whether or not have a fresh start. A new day presents us with a fresh opportunity to lead a healthy lifestyle. How we start our day makes the world of a difference. With the ever increasing modern rush, people have begun to ignore the good old morning ritual of a morning walk. As simple as it may sound, a morning walk can do wonders for your health, both mental and physical.
What a morning walk does for you:
- Provides energy for entire day: Brisk walking in the morning awakens the body muscles and keeps the body energized throughout the day.
- Breathe in fresh oxygen-rich air: The morning air is rich in negatively charged ions which promote level of oxygen in the air. Also, morning air is far less contaminated by air pollution than the air at any other point of the day.
- Helps in Weight Loss: Walking in the mornings may not cause a significant decrease in calories but certainly helps in burning a greater amount of calories in the mornings. Also, it helps in curing obesity by burning fat and increases muscle strength.
- Improves Mental Health: A morning walk helps in giving a boost to your mental energies which may help in curing mental health issues such as stress and depression. Seeing the rising sun amidst the fresh air, a fresh outlook on life helps you channelize your positive energies.
- Corrects Body Clock: Starting a morning walk routine also helps fix the body clock and also promotes good restful sleep at night.
Seeking motivation to go out for a brisk walk in the morning poses to be a herculean task. Be it stopping yourself from hitting the snooze button on that alarm clock, or braving the idea of leaving your comfort zone, to battling the constant questioning of the ideas of the same. One has to be wary of such shortcomings and work around all this. As tedious as it may sound, building a routine around this is extremely difficult but it is equally important to do it. Committing to a morning routine is the only way to view the tangible result one hopes to get.
Having gathered the motivation to start your day on a healthy note, one is advised to follow these DOs and DON’Ts religiously to have the best morning walk experience:
- DO keep your posture straight while walking.
- DO start you walk as soon as you are up as it helps in blood circulation.
- DO start at a pace you are comfortable with then increase slowly
- DON’T eat heavy before heading out for a walk
- DON’T skip after going for a day or two as first week is the most crucial to build a routine
- DON’T wear the wrong footwear.
Introducing a morning walk to your daily routine will surely work wonders to your physical & mental well-being. A healthy habit, morning walks truly are the stepping stones of a healthy lifestyle. The benefits for the same outweigh the guilty pleasures of lethargy, and one is advised to go the extra mile.
By Shubham Sethi