A salad has its own charm. A mix of delicious veggies & lip-smacking dressing makes it a recipe straight outta heaven!
Cook Time – 10 minutes
Serving – 4 people
- Carrot – 2 no washed and peeled
- Radish – 2 no washed and peeled
- Less seed Cucumber – 2 no washed
- Broccoli – 1 cup cut into 1-inch florets
- Beetroot – 1 no washed and peeled
- Bamboo shoots (optional) – 50 gm sliced
- Palm heart (optional) – cup cut into roundels
- Asparagus – 6 no peeled and sliced into 2-inch pieces
- Flax seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 3 tbs Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tsp Mustard
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- Sea Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 Cup Salad Oil
- For the Dressing:
- Mix water & mustard. Add Honey & vinegar. As the mustard mix completely and blend well. While continuously whisking, slowly pour in the oil and let it blend into the mixture. Check and adjust the seasoning.
- For the Salad
- Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add broccoli, asparagus and bamboo shoot to boiling water for 30 sec.
- Take it out with a mesh strainer and immediately refresh it in ice water, to stop cooking further.
- Thin slice half of the cucumber, beetroot, carrot & radish thin with a mandolin or peeler.
- Roll & shape slices like a flower petal.
- Slice rest half into julienne (matchstick shape).
- Dip it into ice chilled water to crisp it up & to hold the shape.
- Drain & pat dry all the vegetables. In a mixing bowl add all the vegetable except palm heart.
- Season lightly with salt & pepper. Add dressing & toss well.
- Add palm heart & drizzle little more dressing on top. Serve instantly.