Ragi flour is healthy & a powerhouse of essential nutrients. It contains calcium, iron and is high in fiber. It is also low in carb, gluten free and is a diabetic friendly food. It was considered as a poor man’s diet earlier, but recently people have realized the importance of this humble grain/flour and are going out of their way to prepare various dishes out of it.
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 20 minutes
Serving – 2 people
- 1 1/2 cups ragi Flour
- 1/4 cup Rice
- /4 cup urad dal (split Black Gram)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. red chili flakes
- Oil to shallow fry
- Coconut chutney & sambar to serve
- Soak the rice and urad dal overnight.
- Grind with required quantity of water into a smooth paste.
- Add the ragi flour, salt, red chili flakes and enough water to form a batter of pouring consistency. Ferment it for 6-7 hours.
Heat a non-stick tawa/griddle and spread a ladleful of the batter. Spread it in a circular motion.
Drizzle some oil over it and around the edges.
Cook on a low flame till one side is done.
Flip it over and cook the other side too. Remove it on a plate.
Make similar dosas out of the remaining batter.
Serve them hot along with coconut chutney and sambar.
Ragi Dosa, a marvelous creation to spice up your day. The relishing flavors, the appealing texture and the amazing aroma of Ragi Dosa are just mouth-watering.